Dave Everson, Chief Pilot, Owner, & Mechanic is a Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) in helicopters and an Inspection Authorized (IA) mechanic. Dave has flown in Hawaii, Central America, Alaska, Spain, Poland, the continental U.S. and the Caribbean.
Professional Flight Experience:
- Chief Pilot – 135/133/CFI/Banner towing for Air Shasta Rotor & Wing (formerly North Valley Helicopters, 1984 to Present day.
- O.A.S. Carded in R44 – 2001
- Pilot / CFI for Pollux Aviation, Fairbanks, AK, starting 1997 (seasonal)
- 133 & 135 pax, cargo, & medical at Bristal Bay, Nunavac Island, Northern Alaska Range, & Kenai Peninsula. Helicopter ferry flights from Los Angeles to Fairbanks and Naknik, AK.
- Pilot / CFI for Rainbow Pacific Helicopters, Ltd., Honolulu, HI, 1995 – 1997.
- FAA Part 135 endorsed, 1993 – Present
- Drug Enforcement Survey Pilot, Shasta County Sheriff, Redding, CA, 1995 – present
- FAA Part 133 FAA endorsed operator, 1995 – current
- Flight Instructor and Contract Rotor Pilot, Sierra Pacific Industries, Redding, CA 1994 – 1996
- Timber Cruising, Land Survey, Animal Herding, Frost Control, Aerial Photo, Charter, Off shore pax & cargo shuttle, Flight Instruction, North Valley Helicopters Co., Redding, CA 1987- current
- U.S. Army Aero Scout Observer, CA National Guard, Stockton, 1988-1994
- International P.I.C. flights from U.S.A. through Mexico, Guatemala, & Honduras, Canada, Bahamas, Turks & Cacos, Dominican Republic to Puerto Rico.
- No accidents or incidents.
- Flight Qualifications:
- Commercial Helicopter, 7808 rotor hrs. June/1985 to December/2011
- 206B3 & OH58: 590
R44: 4200+ hrs.
R66: 130+ hrs.
AS 350: 1 hr., MD500N: 2hr., 206 LT: 1 hr., Enstrom: 16 hrs
- Private Airplane (SEL), 838 hrs., mostly taildragger.
- Total Flight Time: 9200+ hrs.
- CFI Time: 3200+ hrs.
- Rotor Time: 8400+ hrs.
- Aviation Courses:
- Robinson Helicopter Co. Safety Course, 2010
- Robinson Helicopter Co. Safety Course, 2004
- Robinson Helicopter Co. Safety Course, 2001
- Robinson Helicopter Co. Safety Course, 1995
- Robinson Helicopter Co. Safety Course, 1988
- Robinson Helicopter Co. Safety Course, 1985
- Airplane Instrument dual 20 hrs., Iasco Flight Center, 1995
- Bell Helicopter Co. 206B3 Pilot/Ground and Flight Procedures Course, 1994
- Bell Cobra full motion simulator, 3 hrs., Marana, AZ, 1993
- Bell UH1A full motion simulator, 10 hrs., Ft. Rucker, Al, 1990
- Robinson Helicopter Co. Flight Instructor Course, 1988, 1995, 2004, 2010
- Aviation Maintenance Qualifications:
- Director of Maintenance, North Valley Helicopters, Redding, CA, 1994 – current.
- Director of Maintenance, Pollux Aviation, AK, 1998/1999.
- Director of Maintenance, Rainbow Pacific Helicopters, Ltd., Honolulu, HI, 1995 â€“ 1997.Robinson Helicopter Co.
- R22 Maintenance Course, 1992
- R44 Maintenance Course, 1995.
- Robinson Helicopter Component Overhaul Course, 2oo8 & 2010.
- R66 Maintenance Course, 2010.
- Rolls Royce RR300 Service Center Maintenance Course, 2010
- FAA Authorized Inspector, 1996 – Present
- Bell Helicopter Co. 206LT Field Maintenance Course, 1994
- Airframe & Powerplant Maintenance Certificate, Shasta College, Redding, CA, 1992
- F.C.C. License, 1992
- Helicopter Association International Scholarship Awarde for 1993 Top Maintenance Technician Graduates
- Shasta College, A.A. in Aviation Maintenance Technician, 1992
- California State University – Chico, M.A. in Physical Education, 1989
- California Community College Instructor Certificate (lifetime), 1983
- California State University – Chico, B.A. in Recreation Administration, 1977
- Kenia Community College, AK – Emergency Medical Technicians / Ambulance Certification, 1976
Questions or Comments for Dave, send him a note: Send a message here